Thursday, September 22, 2011

I Feel My Savior's Love

Well.... I did go painting with Sam, Ben, and Amber which was a blast. We never actually got to the painting bit but we picked out the portrait we want to try to reproduce. The reason we did not get to painting was because we ended up going to Safeway to pick up some ingredients needed for calzones. We made said calzones and watched "Inception" (always a classic). I carpooled with Amber so we ended up staying pretty late. Her and Ben had been getting pretty close so I felt bad about getting tired but I need my sleep! Turns out the next day Ben officially asked Amber to go out with him so they are together now :D All in all, jolly good fun :) In other news, I went on a date with Sam Gale! I've been on a date before but they were all with guys who were gay or were just good friends. This was my first date with someone who actually likes me. I know that he likes me from other sources such as my dad and he kind of made it obvious a few times before. There is a 5 year age gap but age is just the number of years you've been around. Nothing more. Anyway, I'm just going to go into all of the details on here because I can :) After the "painting" night I hadn't really talked to Amber, Sam, or Ben. Sam did save me a seat during Institute but other than that, nothing. It was really fun and I don't think I ever said thank you. Sunday was Stake Conference so I didn't get a chance to say thanks for all the fun times so I texted him late Sunday night. The next morning I have a message from him that reads " I think I may still owe you painting but I'm thinking a movie will have to do in the mean time." How smooth was that?! I just said "That'd be great!" He then said "I'll pick you up at 7. I expect flowers. JK" As soon as I read the JK I thought he was kidding about the whole thing. Later in the day he calls me and leaves a voice message singing about going to a movie. I couldn't understand it very well but I called him back and we went to "Contagion" at 7:25. He did pick me up at 7 and I gave him a flower made from duct tape. I even sprayed it so it wouldn't smell like duct tape. As he opened the door for me he let me know that he was trying to impress me. I let him know that it was working. We ended up talking through the entire movie. The theater was pretty empty but there was a man sitting in the row in front of us, slightly to the right. He didn't yell or anything but we could tell he wasn't happy because he promptly took off as soon as the credits started. Oops. Richard G. Scott said that going to a movie on the first date is just stupid. I didn't think it was stupid cause we ended up talking to each other throughout but I don't think I couldn't/would've done that with just anyone. I was a little nervous at first (and I'm a little nervous now cause he wants to sing tonight) but as soon as we starting going it all just felt natural. I've never gotten to this point with anyone before so I'm a little out of my league here but I know that I just need to have fun and let the dice fall where they will. Wish me luck! I went on a hike with Shadow today. I went to one of the places I remember first gaining a testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I went to camp Levi-Levi, where the Kingman, Arizona stake holds there girl's camp every year. I believe I was 13 about to enter high school and the year before my friend Mishaunna Bowling had died in a car accident. I'd thought about her often that year but was excited about starting high school at this time. It was the Thursday before all of us girls would go back home. That's the night we have a testimony meeting with our wards and then with all of the girls together. I don't remember if I bore my testimony or not but the closing song was " I Am a Child of God" and that's the first time I remember feeling a huge outpouring of the spirit. I went back there today because last night Brother Alleman taught a great lesson about the temple and I can't really afford to go to Vegas and back so I went to the mountains, to the place where I first remember feeling close to my Savior. I went to the area where it happened and sang "How Great Thou Art". It was really cool because each time I sang the chorus the wind would blow through the trees and would make the beautiful sounds nature makes. After I finished the hymn, I said a little prayer of gratitude and made my way back down the mountain. Call it a tender mercy or not, I know that I am a child of God and that I am supposed to be here at this time. I know that He loves all His children and wants nothing more than for us to be obedient and return to His presence.

1 comment:

  1. Holy AWESOME-NESS!!!!! This Sam sounds like quite a catch! I can already tell he has a great sense of humor. I think we will get a long great. It sounds like this was date 2 or 3. Is that to soon to meet the extended family...ME??? Oh!...good one with the duct tape rose. I am sure he is sleeping with it everynight. And I love the fact that he is a singer.....its a great way to sweep a girl off her feet. I am so happy for you Megan! Your testimony is growing so strong. Your posts totally sound like me at your age. Love you! I can't wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete