Friday, September 9, 2011

Curve Ball

So if you read my last post I said I'd be going to Mohave Community College and working as a CNA. That didn't work out. I don't think I'll be attending MCC at all. My true intent was to go to MCC this fall semester but they only have one person evaluating transcripts for three campuses! Huge oversight in my opinion. Anyway that didn't really fall through. I've been looking for a job and nothing has come through with that as well. I've been doing work around the house/yard for my mom which gets me some money. Not a lot but enough to get by. I know that I'm supposed to be here for some reason. I'm not quite sure what that reason is yet but I feel like it's something big and important. Like my time back in Kingman is going to affect the rest of my life. I've been reading The Book of Mormon again. It's been a while since I have so it's good to reread it and notice the things I didn't or have a better understanding of what the prophets are teaching. I finished "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People" last night. Truly an inspiring book! My mom wants me to read a book called "Aspire". I think it's kind of along the same lines as 7 habits but focusing on the power of words. I have always thought that words are very powerful both for good and bad. Actions do speak louder than words but words still speak. Overall, I'm really excited about life and I'm going to start reading "Aspire" today. My brother Bob read it and he seemed excited so I can't wait to have my mind blown! My most recent adventure happened this morning. I went into the kitchen to make breakfast for myself and had a craving for pancakes with strawberry syrup. We had some frozen buttermilk pancakes but no strawberry syrup so... I decided to make some! We have frozen strawberries for smoothies and what not so I defrosted them and got creative. I have never made syrup in my life but the final product was pretty darn tasty! Not perfect but edible and tasty. I want to be better at doing this so I need to start living my life so I can write awesome things and share it with whoever wants to read this :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Strawberry syrup... Yummy!!!!!!!!!! There are lots of jobs here...............

    ReplyDelete