Saturday, March 22, 2014

Shedding Some Light

The first thing I want to publish is that I LOVE THE SCRIPTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Each time I read them with the intent of coming to learn more about my Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ, I do learn more about Them. Some of my more recent findings were about how cool and extremely helpful the Spirit is. In Romans 8:26-28 we learn that the Spirit helps us in our infirmities, even communicating in our behalf when we don't know what to pray about. This scripture shed some light on what promptings really are: help with infirmities. I cross referenced that to Mosiah 4:5-11. Here we learn what attributes the Spirit can help us accumulate and the blessing of becoming a saint are found in verse 12. We will always be full of joy and have no desire to injure one another but to be helpful and bring joy into other people's lives. And if that weren't great enough, in Alma 5:59-60, the Lord promises to destroy any ravenous wolves who endanger his flock. Sign me up for that team! All of this reading came from this week's lesson in the Atonement, Forgiveness, and Repentance class I'm taking. This week was Reconciliation-Bringing a change of heart. The Spirit of the Lord is able to awaken our senses to our guilt and guide us to do the right thing. Even confessing to a Bishop. I have been meeting with my Bishop since the beginning of this year and to be honest there were two particular things that I thought I had overcome so I didn't mention them but come to find out that I had not overcome them. I messed up but knew better this time to tell my Bishop about both things and now, well I don't dare say I'm cured but by bringing those things to light, I have broken my oath with Satan and am trying to make my way back into the Light of Christ. I have been approved to partake of the sacrament again. I now have a calling in my ward. The blessings have been pouring out in other areas of my life as well and I want others to enjoy their own blessings. I testify that God loves His children. I know that He is the perfect Parent and wants nothing more than for the chance to bless us for our obedience to the laws that made him God. He wants us to succeed in every way imaginable so he will let us stumble, fall, and go through terrible trials because parents do that for their kids. If parents could take away all the heartache their children suffer, I have no doubt that they would but parents need to let their kids get hurt sometimes. That is how compassion is developed. That is how good people are made. By the choices they make during those terrible times. I know that God is no different. He is ready with open arms and so is His Son, Jesus Christ. If you don't believe me, try counting how many times the phrase "but my arms are stretched out still" appear in the Old Testament. I leave this as my witness in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Megan, you are such an amazing girl! I love how you shout your testimony from the rooftops! You have made lengths and strides in the direction that will bring you so much closer to the Lord and His plan for you.
    I love you! You make me want to be a better person. :)

    ReplyDelete